Cranberry Community United Presbyterian Church (CCUPC) is seeking to hire an experienced Accounting/Business Administrator to perform accounting, bookkeeping and other tasks for CCUPC and The CCUPC Preschool. If you have any questions please contact Personnel Committee Chair Tim MacFarlane in person or via email at personnel at ccupc.org. This posting will close on Oct 20, 2017.
Cranberry Community United Presbyterian Church (CCUPC) is looking for an experienced Accounting/Business Administrator to perform accounting, bookkeeping and other tasks for CCUPC and The CCUPC Preschool.
This is a non-exempt, part-time position that is accountable to the Head of Staff (Senior Pastor) and the Finance Committee. The execution of responsibilities is expected to require 15-20 hours of work per week.
Responsibilities of this position include payroll activities, budget preparation, tax filings, reporting and other functions deemed necessary by the Head of Staff to ensure the efficient operations of the church office.
A successful Accounting/Business Administrator should be familiar with all accounting procedures required of this position and comfortable executing other business activities typically encountered in a small, church office environment.
Most of the functions of this role will be conducted in the church office and will entail interaction with office staff, church members, service providers and the general public.
• Post deposits
• Invoice and disburse expenses
• Create paychecks in Quickbooks, reconcile with bank and email statements to employees
• File State Employer and Federal Employer withholding taxes monthly, quarterly and yearly
• Reconcile bank accounts
• Create reports for The Session, Finance Committee and congregation
• Create reports for Pre-School Director and Board
• File quarterly and yearly tax forms for EIT and LST
• File W2s in conjunction with Assistant Treasurer
• Prepare initial annual budgets for committees including preliminary church operating budget
• Conduct annual cost-of-services review
• Attend staff and Finance Committee meetings
• Minimum of five years experience as an Office Accountant, Business Administrator and/or Bookkeeper in a church office environment preferred
• Associates degree or relevant certification preferred
• Ability to navigate internet and websites
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Quickbooks
• Excellent Customer Service and Communication skills
• High level of personal integrity.
• Must be able to treat personal and financial information with the highest level of confidentiality Conditions of Employment
The successful candidate will:
• model the biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle,
• support and adhere to the Mission, Vision, Values and Philosophy of CCUPC
• profess a statement of Christian faith consistent with the beliefs of CCUPC as expressed on CCUPC’s web page located at CCUPC.org.